Click on a thumbnail to see a larger photo.
To Be Seen URL:
• Creating and performing a Theatre of the Absurd show with Closing the Gap theatre company, aiming to make Theatre of the Absurd and, on a broader level, the arts, accessible to people who aren't usually involved. (current)
• Created and performed collaborative physical theatre performance “Gucci Little Piggy”. This was a piece based on the theatre style of Butoh and used Radiohead songs as stimulus. Each student devised a 2-minute performance then as a group combined ideas to create the entire performance. (2010)
• Actor and lighting designer in student short film, working with 4 other actors in a studio setting. (2010)
• Actor in Queensland Academy for Creative Industries production of Federico García Lorca’s “The House of Bernarda Alba” – role of Marterio. (2009)
• Actor in student performance – I worked with 10 other actors, the director/playwright and also took on the role of co-director and co-vocal trainer. (2009)
• Actor, co-script writer, co-costume designer, co-lighting designer, co-producer in QAC style modern Shakespeare performance, “The Waiting Room”. (2009)
• Assistant stage manager for The Performer Project in which 9 performers devised one- on-one site specific 10 minute pieces. As well as the usual stage manager duties, this role involved co-ordinating ushers to move all audience members between the pieces simultaneously to allow continuity of the performance. (2013)
• Created and staged a show from conceptual design to finished product – “Match Girl”. This involved writing a script, directing, producing, as well as design and production of costume, set, sound, lighting, marketing and program material. (2010)
• Created (but not performed) a show from a given stimulus - “Maoi Statues”. I used the idea of the rise and fall of ancient civilisations, combined with the modern element of the UN conference room. I produced concepts for production and created costume, set, lighting and sound designs, script samples, character profiles and sample direction.
• Two ten day intensive laboratories with Maria Gaitanidi and Stéphane Poliakov from Rawmatterial. These laboratories looked at the monologues, scenes and dialogues in George Orwell’s1984 using Maria Knebel and Anatoli Vassiliev's ludic and psychological structures, creating dynamic and fluid performances drawn from the actors. (2013)
• Completed Acting Master Class course at La Boîte Theatre Company with David Berthold, Andrea Moor and Eugene Gilfedder. (2012)
• Continued vocal training with Claire Crowther. (2011 and 2012)
• Completed Master Class with Tom McSweeney, Tom Kenny and Victor Trevino. (2011)
• Completed Advanced Acting course with Gareth Harris. (2011)
• Completed Casting Workshop with Ben Parkinson. (2011)
• Completed Meisner Training course with Jamie Kable. (2010)
• Obtained my International Baccalaureate diploma with Theatre as a major subject. (2010)
• 1999 – 2010: once to thrice weekly acting lessons; at least one annual show.
• Weekly bassoon lessons – 2005-2011
• Queensland Youth Orchestras Wind Symphony – 2009-2011
• Cairns State High School Concert Band – 2006-2007