University of Sussex Filmmaking MA - short scenes
16 to 80
Full Details of Job / Opportunity
CALLING ALL BRIGHTON BASED ACTORS!
University of Sussex Masters in Filmmaking students are conducting an open call for actors. Students are producing short scenes shot in studio or on location in Brighton from films such as, “Sunset Boulevard”, “Good Will Hunting” and “After Hours”. We are seeking all actors who are flexible and interested in a short rehearsal and production period. Ideally you will have experience in improvisation, working with scripts, and character development. We welcome actors with various training, backgrounds, and experiences. There will be 12 short films produced, as well as the possibility of acting in students’ final films next year.
Some key things to keep in mind if this opportunity is of interest to you:
· You must be available for 2-3 days of rehearsal and shooting from early to mid-December (exact days to be negotiated with each production).
· The shooting will take place in studio at Sussex or on location in Brighton.
· For rehearsal and shooting days travel expenses will be covered for BRIGHTON ONLY. You may come from outside of Brighton, but your travel expenses will not be covered.
· You will be provided a copy of the scene for your showreels.
· Casting will take place in central Brighton on Monday November 11, 2019, from 12-2pm. Please indicate your preferred slot: 12:00, 12:30, 1:00, 1:30.
· You will be asked to prepare a short text that will be sent to you prior to your audition. You will also be given an improvisation exercise.
Interested actors, please send an email with your CV or links, along with your preferred time slot and we will confirm the location and time.