Childrens Drama and Art Party Entertainent
18 to 99
Full Details of Job / Opportunity
Orleans House Gallery is looking for dynamic, talented, reliable, and fun children's party entertainers for our drama & art parties.
Orleans House Gallery is a free public art gallery in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames. The Gallery is managed by Richmond Arts Service which is part of Richmond Council. The team facilitate a range of high quality accessible arts provisions for residents of and visitors to the borough. Orleans House Gallery has just reopened after a seventeen-month restoration project funded by a £1.8 million grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund.
Our popular party programme offers themed parties inspired by the history of Orleans House Gallery and the culture of the local area. Fancy dress is encouraged and themes range from ‘the animals of Orleans Woods’ to ‘Princesses and Princes’. Parties are adapted to suit age groups from babies to 12 years.
We are open to applications for both party leaders and assistants. While experienced performers can be fast-tracked to leading, this is also a great opportunity for early-career professionals to develop their performance and teaching skills since training is provided via on the job learning.
The role could suit museum workshop facilitators, drama students, or actors. This is an ideal role for someone looking to work as part of a talented team in a lovely environment, while using their theatrical talent!
- Some form of drama / performance experience
- Enjoys working with children
- A great imagination
- Reliability and punctuality
- Excellent communication skills, with both children and their parents
- Enjoys dressing up / getting into character (you could be pretending to be a Squirrel one day, and a Pirate, Prince/Princess or a Wizarding Professor the next!)
- Confident engaging children in fun activities
- Works well as a team / duo
- Happy to travel to the Richmond area
- Weekend availability
- Experience leading / assisting children’s parties
- Some form of teaching experience
- Good art skills would be a bonus
- Experience working in a gallery, museum or other cultural institution would also be helpful
We ask that applicants can commit to being on our books for one year at least.
This is a freelance role for ad hoc weekend parties.
All candidates need a DBS or be willing to undertake one.
This post has a rolling deadline but apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment!
Register or Login using the members login box in the top right hand corner.