Auditions - William Shakespeares Macbeth
To Be Confirmed
16 to 75
Full Details of Job / Opportunity
Casting all roles for this production.
The text will be William Shakespeares original text, the show set in a a steampunk, post-apocalyptic setting.
Auditions are on Sunday July 22nd 2018, at Chestnut Community centre, 1-3 Poplar Close, Brixham, Devon TQ5 0SA. Please arrive to begin at 1pm. (doors open from 12).
Rehearsal and show schedule to be posted in the audition pack. (some dates still being firmed up) .
Castings will take the form of reading and characterising excerpts from the script.
Due to this production being Shakespeare, there will be two/ three read-through rehearsals, before moving into blocking and action. This is so that we can assist any cast members with language and interpretation of Shakespearian text, as we are aware that many may be new to Shakespeare.
As with all our in-house shows, all persons appearing as cast and crew for this production will be entitled to remuneration as
- equal profit share (ticket-take less venue hire cost)
- portfolio photos and video for portfolio use
- copies of all press in which the character is featured
- programme credit
(and anything else we find that we are able to offer)
Characters who will be cast are:
The Three Witches
Rehearsal dates: Wednesday evenings 7pm - 9.30pm, Sundays 12.30pm - 5pm,
at Chestnut Community Centre, 1-3 Poplar Close, Brixham, Devon, TQ5 0SA, the same as the auditions. For this reason, priority will be given to performers who live in the South Devon region. Please note that you will be expected to attend regular rehearsals.
Due to previous incidents we need to state that
1) All cast will need to be able to attend regular rehearsals, and to be able to learn characterisation, lines and blocking,
2) Actors will be required to wear costumes
3) All people in the production are expected to adhere to socially acceptable behaviour at all times.
4) Performances are on an open-book equal-profit share basis.
5) We welcome performers of all backgrounds.
Register or Login using the members login box in the top right hand corner.